Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mission Accomplished

Mission is accomplished!

Around week 2, I began to understand that very few scouts properly understood the signifigance of a zombie apocalypse situation. Therefore, I wrote out and began instruction of the Zombie Apocalypse Survival merit badge. We met every night at midnight across the lake, near the graveyard. I had few students, which was nice, because I had to keep an eye on them. Can't just send 12-16 year olds out by themselves with no training. I ended up with 2-4 scouts per week. Requirement 1 was tracking, and their tracking assignment was to figure out exactly where I was. Very few passed this requirement, but those who did were allowed to continue their training. The next night I instructed them in methods of zombie warfare. None of them could lift a sword, but they did have bug spray and lighters. Makeshift flamethrowers, anybody? If nothing else, they learned how to improvise their weaponry. Wednesday night we stuck with practical things - what food to get, what would work well, what would store for nearly unlimited amounts of time, etc. Thursday was all practice. We hiked 3 miles in to the nearest zombie farm and took out as many of them as we could. Only 1 zombie, their leader, survived. A few were lost in the deadly battle, but some survived. I would like to recognize those students now, if I could.

Miguel R.
Corbin R.
Daniel G.
Jacob E.
Nick R.
Nick H.
Devin T.
Walter T.
Edward T.

Those who were lost:
Michael J.

No comments:

Post a Comment